Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Pregnancy and birth are magical and miraculous periods in a woman's life - but they can also bring a lot of uncertainty and uncharted territory. Prenatal yoga provides pregnant women with a community held by a professional who can help guide them on their journey into motherhood.
To be invited into the creation of a new being is the highest honor.
Your role as a prenatal yoga teacher is pivotal for today's expecting mamas, who often find themselves lost in a sea of paperwork, sensational birth stories, and uncharted waters.
The role of a prenatal yoga teacher is so much more than instructing poses that can relieve the discomforts of pregnancy, it is to create a safe place to land as a mama builds her nest, her tribe, her circle.
In order to hold space for others, you first need to find the quiet, unshakable space within yourself.. address your birth stories, assumptions, and the cultural baggage you carry that you may not even be aware of. We hold space for you as you begin this important work.
Two weekends (all are required) in addition to the practicum and elective hours make up our 85 hour prenatal yoga teacher training:
Practicum - 10 hours
Elective hours - 10 hours
The Practicum is scheduled on an individual basis with a lead instructor following successful completion of training.
Elective hours can range from attending relevant workshops or trainings. The cost varies widely, including many no-cost options. See below for more information.
2 Required Weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Each class meets 8:30am-5:30pm
Feb. 4, 5, 6 2022
Feb 18, 19, 20 2022
A $350 non-refundable deposit secures your spot in the program.
Early Bird Reg.: Full payment on or before 1/15/22 $1,245
3 x Payment Plan Available
- You will learn how to hold space and navigate hot-button topics, all while ensuring everyone feels heard and supported.
- You will learn which asana, pranayama, and meditation techniques that are most appropriate for each trimester and sequence yoga classes based on the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of your students.
- You will learn how to adapt a class on the fly and how to hold space when various circumstances enter the room.
- You will understand the physical and hormonal changes that happen in the body from fertility through early postpartum and be able to support your students as they navigate those changes.
- Yoga is a lifestyle that goes beyond asana. You will deepen your personal yoga practice by learning a variety of yogic techniques that will not only support your students but inform your personal journey.
- Upon completion you will be able to confidently lead a prenatal yoga session, support your students with helpful resources and information, and effectively market your training and experience in your community
- Enso Prenatal is a Yoga Alliance Approved Prenatal Yoga School. Students who complete this training and meet the yoga alliance requirements are eligible to receive the designation of registered prenatal yoga teacher (RPYT)
Birth In Awareness (Included and provided at training)
Birth: The Surprising History of how we're born by Tina Cassidy
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin
Birthing From Within, by Pam England and Rob Horowitz
Beautiful, Bountiful, Blissful, by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz
Elective Hour Ideas
Students are required to attend at least 10 additional hours to supplement their learning based on an area of interest. We recommend any of the following offered at Enso:
- Audit a natural childbirth education class (for those who have never taken one before): we have three styles to choose from
- Attend a free La Leche League breastfeeding support group meeting or Mamas' Group meeting
- Attend the free Meet the Doulas with the Springs Doula Circle
- Audit Newborn Care, Breastfeeding Basics, Natural Labor Coping, or Postpartum Preparation
- Offer support to a new family who has recently experienced a birth
- Interview a local birth professional (with the support and direction of faculty)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to be a yoga teacher to take this training?
No - but you should at least be in progress. If you are not already a RYT 200, however, you will not be eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as an RPYT.
What if I am pregnant, can I still attend?
Yes! But we may use your body in the interest of science...
I have a schedule conflict (or two) - you know... weddings and such. Is this a problem?
Unfortunately, it really doesn't work to pop in and out. You must commit to the full weekend programs. Elective hours and practicum can be scheduled during mutually beneficial times.
I am a birth worker/mom/human and may have a last-minute cancellation need. What is your policy?
Life happens - for everyone! Our cancellation policy protects the integrity of our program. Your deposit is non-refundable. If you need to cancel more than 30 days in advance, you may receive a refund (less deposit) or transfer your registration to another training. If you need to cancel less than 30 days in advance, you may transfer you registration to another training, but no refunds are available.
Will I learn one prenatal yoga sequence or learn to make my own?
Both! Graduates will be able to teach both a set sequence and create their own, or adapt this sequence based on the needs of their students.
I have never done yoga before - can I still take this training?
Probably not. Because the Yoga Alliance expects students in a PYTT to already have attained an RYT 200, it is important that you have a foundational understanding of yoga.
Will you hire me as soon as I graduate?
We are certainly interested in hiring graduates of our program, although taking our program does not guarantee you a teaching or substitute teaching position.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation policy: Our cancellation policy protects the integrity of our program. Your deposit is non-refundable. If you need to cancel more than 30 days in advance, you may receive a refund (less deposit) or transfer your registration to another training. If you need to cancel less than 30 days in advance, you may transfer you registration to another training, but no refunds are available. You may only transfer your registration once, unless the next training does not run due to low registration, in which case you will be forwarded to the next training. If the next training date do not work for you, the cancellation policy applies based on your original registration dates.